<Tatting Designer>app is created so anyone can easily use, but I made this tutorial just in case.
<Tatting designer screen >
1. Click the ring button on the Tools section and then click anywhere on the Canvas.
2. A ring is created with 3 green dots and a square box. Use the dots and the points on the box to shape the ring. on the top bar you can see the Repeat by. Repeat by lets you set how many times the shape will repeat it self along the circle. You can always comeback to change the repeat number so don't worry if you set it wrong.
Inside the ring you can see a small square box with a small line which is called "the pointer" and it allows you to rotate the ring.
Use the Pointer to rotate the ring. Do not use the points on the square box to rotate, it might get the picots to not properly appear.
You can also create picots along the ring. Click the ring (or chain) you want to use then click on the New Picot button to create the picot. The default picot is always the last picot size you created. FYI, there is a bug where the work screen kind of freezes when you select multiple picots. So please work on one picot at a time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :(
3. Click on the chain button and then click anywhere on the canvas to create it. A chain consists of 4 green dots, a square box, and an pointer. Just like the ring, manipulate those to make it as you want.
4. Press ESC key to release any selection. (You can only delete by pressing Delete button.)
5. Save the designed pattern using File - Export as image to save it as <pattern name>.png file.
Save your work (*.xml) so you can bring it whenever you want to work on it more.
Here is an example of a pattern I drew.
There is no text function yet so you will need to use other tool to include ds counts or texts.
1. This is my first pattern every to be designed which actually was made in rush. In my opinion the major work of the pattern is the double stitch count. I made a chain with put it on top of the monitor screen to estimate the ds count to start working. (I actually had to make about 4 to finally get what I wanted.
2. This tool is created to inspire your lace design and help you to easily draw the shape.
Here is the pattern that I made.
FYI, I used different tool for the text.
If you have any question regarding the pattern, please leave me your comment.